Hi, I'm Fabi. I write knitting patterns among other things

I’ve been thinking about writing a blog post on how to sew a sweater knitted in pieces for a long time, and there’s no better time than the present since the test knit of my newest design is halfway through.

I won’t go into detail on the hand sewing techniques side of the process because I usually sew everything in backstitch. There are plenty of alternatives like mattress stitch, if you prefer an invisible seam, or crocheted seams, among others. I for one, prefer the look of a…

This blog post is a continuation of post Solving a quilt puzzle: Part 1.

According to the plan I delineated in Part 1, I should now attribute a color to each number I used on the previous section.

I was planning on using a Robert Kaufman roll-up (more on it in Part 1), and on Robert Kaufman’s website you can see a picture of the fabric for each color on the roll. I screenshot it and got the RGB color values for each fabric with Gimp. Now I needed to tell Racket what my colors were.

Solving a quilt puzzle: Part 1

Triangles, rectangles, numbers

Before we get to the meat of the matter, followers of this blog beware: the next couple of posts will be different than what I usually share on this space, and will contain no knitting whatsoever.

I have wanted to make a quilt ever since I started sewing and Purl Soho’s Little Peaks Quilt pattern was exactly the sort of quilt that I was looking for. The only problem with the pattern is that there isn’t exactly a color plan before you start sewing, and you are expected to pick…

Gift guide

For the knitter in your life

Christmas is right around the corner and I decided to write a list of gift suggestions to help non-knitters on this holiday season. My list includes products that I either already own and love, or products that I’m planning on buying in the future.


Since I’m Portuguese, I tried to look for the products in Portuguese stores. When that wasn’t possible, I looked for alternatives in Europe (to avoid customs fees).




Here you can read about my designs, as well as tips and modifications to my patterns. If you speak Portuguese you can also find me on Youtube as Meyas Podcast. And of course I am on Ravelry! Click on the Ravelry icon above or search for apionese.